Saturday, September 27, 2008

Subramanian @ Tilak - on the professional front

Blogging has been around for a long while now. It's only that lazy people like me din't realize it' s reach. Now that I do, I want to talk. To start with I'll let you know about myself. Should I follow Chronology, yes let me start with today.

Subramanian @ Tilak - on the professional front

Iam currently doing my Masters in Electrical & Computer Engg at Univ of Nevada, Las Vegas. Yes, I live in Vegas. It might be difficult to digest, but yeah I study in Vegas, supposedly. I came to the United States on August 8th 2007. I specialize in control systems. My research pivots around controller design (classical, adaptive, non linear) for aircrafts, satellites and underwater vehicles. I also design the website for the University Transportation Commission @ UNLV. This apart, Iam working on Marketing research( Product Placements) with the Marketing dept. Iam the Graduate advisor of IEEE, UNLV and the Vice-President of the Indian Students Association.

Rolling back, I graduated from Mepco Schlenk Engg college, Sivakasi, India with a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical & Electronics Engg in May 2006. By the time graduated I saw a huge transformation in my outlook towards life. I had grown in confidence so much that I had the drive to achieve anything I dreamed of. Iam always optimistic about every action of mine. The rage still continues and I dont find myself idle even for a minute. It was IEEE that caressed me, I saw myself grow in the ranks of IEEE @ Mepco when I finally became its Chairman in May 2005.

May 2006 - August 2008 saw an interesting phase in my life. I worked with Tata Consultancy services, Chennai, India as an Assistant Systems Engineer. Thats when I got acquainted with a whole bunch of great friends, whom I still treasure, forever. For a brief while I was in 'God's own country' Trivandrum, India with TCS, but as a trainee then. Thats when I started wearing a tie regularly, thats when I saw the transition, I sweat for my money and I was getting ready to gel with the industry to make my mark.

Well, all through my schooling I always maintained a low profile, unfortunately or fortunately Iam not low profile anymore. My network of contacts and friendship circle has grown manifolds. I hardly used to speak up when in school. Never did I venture out of my studies. I hardly soiled my clothes in the play grounds. There was nothing spectacular then. It was a simple ordinary life which lacked vision, zest and passion. Every word above is just the opposite now.

For almost 8 years we were in Mumbai. The life there taught me Hindi, which now is one my asests. I was forced out of my shell. I could see my comfort zone getting broadened. I had studied in Chandulal Nanavati Vinay Mandir, Vile Parle. Life was quick there, thats when I started to run in life rather than just walk and Iam still running, faster now.

I was born in Chennai, India on November 4th, 1984 at the Isabella hospital. I started my schooling in a rustic town called Dharapuram, Tamil Nadu. My father was working there then. Then we moved to Chennai. Couple of years in Chennai, then off we were to Mumbai.

1 comment:

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

A great transition Subu....Wish u gr8 succes ahead..