Saturday, January 31, 2009

In search of you, my smile




A smile that I lost a few years back, was ever lost,

until my teeth spotted it two days back.

In pretence I have smiled, at debts borrowed a few,

None of them my very own, I still smiled, and within was a ‘phew’.

Iam not a loner, never been one,

Felt all alone, when she left me stunned.

Should I search for her or my smile?

Wish both were the same, to save me this pain.

Like a new born I cry and none know why,

with no words at my dispense, my tears help me write.

All who read, sing praises for my art,

they call me a poet, when Iam just a writer in distraught.

Desperate Iam not, though my cheeks and chin are,

this poem is a consolation,

cause the smile that kissed my teeth,

vanished before even it could reach my cheeks.

7 comments:

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

May ur search end soon and u get both...

'All who read, sing praises for my art,

they call me a poet, when Iam just a writer in distraught.'

Very true indeed...

sharat said...

dude smile is temporary da happiness is permanent....u will be no short of happiness all your life...i know that....its just a phase in ur life.....life is short...so smile n make others around u also smile...dis way happiness keeps flowing all directions!!!!!!

Whatever it takes, Write... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whatever it takes, Write... said...

dai sharat ..itz jus an imagination as a poet da...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raju Kumar said...


Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.
zerodha hyderabad address